Saturday, December 26, 2009

Happy Birthday To Me...


So, I'm officially 24 years old today. No way around it, whether I like it or not this happened. I'm sooo tired, not because I'm old or anything but because I went to bed very late. My friends came over last night, kind of a ritual of passing, we started like a christmas celebration and around two in the morning it kind of became a birthday party. So we had wine, beer, some junk food and (surprise, surprise) a cake, which was actually a surprise 'cause I wasn't expecting one at all (Should have known better ha?). But I thought since my dad and my step-mom and so had sang happy birthday to me at my grandmother's house earlier over two brownies and a very big candle that for some reason that was it. My lil bro and his girlfriend, it turns out, went out and bought stuff, pushed out the door by my beautiful and always thoughful mother (I'm being nice, not sarcastic, even if it sounds that way. And even if sometimes my mom and I can't really stand each other... But I guess that's part of a love-hate mother-daughter relationship.) I wasn't going to do nothing really. My plan was plain and simple: get drunk and go to sleep... Didn't happened that way. But it was worth it...

I hadn't seen my friends in about a month or so. We were all in finals at our respective universities, or working way too much around the holidays so it was the first official gathering of our vacation time. It was nice. We talked a lot about nothing in particular and we trashed people, 'cause let's be real, that's what we do when we have nothing else to talk about. We divided into two groups: the nymphomaniacs and the asexuals. Sadly, I was the only one in my group (asexuals), with the exception of one of the guys which stayed neutral (way to play it cool, eh?). Which reminds us of this very annoying chick we met through some friends. She spent the whole New Moon movie saying she was Switzerland in the whole battle of teams Edward and team Jacob. It annoyed the hell out of every one... Every time the topic would surface she would say "I'm Switzerland *giggle*". Everybody wanted to snapped at her: Really, you have nothing else in your brain!? Are you that airhead!? Did you checked the fact on the internet before coming, found it funny (for some unkown reason) and decided to makes us the focal point of your very sadistic torture!? Just remembering makes me want to very slowly twist her neck...

On the subject of snapping at people, my best friend and I remembered this guy at my family's christmas party earlier that same evening... God the guy was an asshole! Turns out he's my cousin Nancy's new boyfriend... We think he's secretely gay. He showed up at my grandma's house with her, dressed in shocking pink pants and a kiwi shirt and the attitude of a guy that thinks the world revolves around him. He sat at my grandmother's couch and put his feet up (shoes and all) on the hand knitted shams my grandma made years ago. No one, I repeat, NO ONE in my whole family has ever done that and then proceeded to ignore everyone. Him I would have love to snap at, and almost did too. Luckily for him, I'm able to control myself in important events, such as a family reunion; even when I'm dying to torture the guy very slowly...

At the end of the night though, I kissed everyone goodnight, got my self a glass of water 'cause for some reason I was horribly thirsty and just went to bed to wake up today to the bill for next semester that arrived on the mail and the annoying fact that I have to work in about two hours and every small piece of my body hurts as if a bulldozer had ran over me. *Sigh* Then again, that's life...

Merry Christmas and Happy Birthday to me...

1 comment:

  1. Ha! I can relate to this. I turned 25 this year, it all started with bang, everybody was home there was music, wine balloons(surprisingly) and later I even got a surprise party in one of the Chicago venues. I don’t know why but I was not very excited about getting older.

    ReplyDelete