Thursday, December 24, 2009

On sports...


I'm not a very sporty person by nature. While everyone else played hide and seek, I played barbies or lego's; when they played tag I used to sing loudly in my bedroom... When everyone was bigger (usually bigger than me no matter how old, since I'm 5 foot 2 inches tall now! Imagine when I was a kid), I sat in the couch and read. The only sport I can remember ever playing with the boyz, cause there were no girl on my street, was baseball. I was a hell of a pitcher too... but that was all I could really do, lol. Running was not my forte, and batting? hell no! I tried a few things though, I took karate, and let me tell you the karate kid makes it look waaaay easier. It was cool, but then again I was like 10 so never really learned anything except that I could easily get a crush on a guy that could do a mean high kick...

Through the years I've learned that sports have become less and less physical. For example, chess has become a sport and all you do is think. So, with that in mind I signed up for the chess team. I knew how to play, damn it my dad had been a chess champion when he was my age! Turns out that's another gene I did not get. Then I thought, well I can try dancing...

And let me tell you I love dancing but damn is it breathtaking?! Still I kept trying and I can dance salsa and merenge all night if it comes to it. It's about knowing your partner, and there's something about that that's very sexual and intimate. You have to know his moves, his turns, and body language to dance great with someone. That's unless you're lucky and find a very good dancer that's willing to overlook that you step on his toes once in a while; or someone that you have great chemistry with. The first is way more possible...

I like yoga and tai chi; and can tolerate pilates but even then exercising seems to be something for which I never have time...

Back on sports, I must say I believe in the deepest, darkess corner of my self that Nascar is NOT a sport. Driving around in circles at high speed is not a sport!!! Come on! I do that every time I'm drunk. Well, not really but I could. It's stupid and dangerous and simply irrational... like the chicken races they use to do. If your not a chicken you win, but you know what? you're also dead, so guess what? joke's on you!


We are living in a world where must of the people are fat, including me, and that makes advertising really difficult to watch. Sporty people or fat people that lost weight and are now sporty people. It's depressing. I mean, it's not about fat or skinny, it's about healthy. I might be fat but I'm mostly healthy. Only got one thing or two to worry about but they're hereditary so no way avoiding them. Life has become difficult for us not sporty times. I mean, I wish I had the desire in me to win the kentucky derby (me being the horse allegory, lol... BTW another think I don't believe it's a sport except if you say it's a sport for horses!!!!) but i don't, nor do I think I would ever succeed.


I do like watching sports. I like soccer a lot and baseball. I love to swim, problem is I like to swim in pools. I like the style and long of it, and I love that I can do laps easily. I like doing laps so much my friends end up bored. I don't like getting in the water to just float, that's silly. I was born to swim, I think I have a bit of fish in me.

So on sports... unless it involves a pool, I know absolutely nothing! But man am I opinionated! lol

No comments:

Post a Comment