Friday, September 24, 2010

The 80s




So I was talking with someone last night, or more like early this morning, and we got to talk movies. So I gotta go and confess I love 80s movies, cause seriously I do. But it's more than just movies. I love the 80s as a very creative decade. I seriously believe I liked it so much I decide to be born right in the middle of it. Come on, who in its right mind could say they don't like the 80s? I mean, aside from the clothes part. In that sense, Madonna was a trend setter. Seriously speaking the woman had no talent what-so-ever. Come on! She couldn't sing, act or even dress properly, but she became an icon. I got to give her the fact that without talent she has survived the decades and to this day we all like Madonna, how can you not? The woman deserves it. Besides, she has gotten better with age. I think she took singing lessons, cause even if she's not great heck she's better! Her wardrobe improved too, and I think we can all say thanks for that.




But it wasn't only women. Men had a horrible sense of fashion, or more like a really bad hairstylist. Long hairs, all messed up like they just stood in front of a turbine or something; Oh god the Mullets, I know they were around since early 70s or so and lasted till the 90s (just look a Billy Ray Cyrus!!), but in the 80s there was kinda of boom for them. OMG! Please it was better to set your hair on fire!!! And then we have one I can't make my mind up about: the Mohawk, for which Mr. T is famous for, and if you just watch Major League once, you'll get why I can't make up my mind. I mean, the Mohawk arrived into the 90s and even 2000s like a rock band brad haircut, and it looks okay on some guys, others....not so much. It has even improved somehow into the Fohawk, which is the fake Mohawk lol, the one that has hair on the sides. I guess is still better than the Edward Scissorhands (1990) hairstyle era that came after.


Lol almost can hear him saying: I Pity the Fool!


Anyways... I got lost in my 80s fever. I was talking about movies of course. The 80s movies had a certain something that made us all just want to watch them even decades later. We have all had a Ferris Bueller day, watched at least one of the Molly Ringwald classics (Breakfast Club, Pretty in Pink, Sixteen Candles) and fell in love with Duckie (John Cryer) or Judd Nelson as John Bender (hot!!). Who hasn't seen Beaches and cried their eyes out? Do I need to go on? I mean, the titles itself bring back many memories: Mannequin, Beetlejuice, The Goonies, Laberynth, Never Ending Story, Indiana Jones, 2 of the Star Wars movies, Terminator, Footloose (or anything else that was good and had Kevin Bacon on it lol, except for He Said/She Said in 1991), Star Trek, 3 Men and a baby, Can't Buy Me Love, Private Benjamin, Just One of the Guys, etc... The list is as long as the line at the Bank on pay day. I mean, just think about your favorites movies and you'll see the 80s had it all.


BTW: Didn't Anthony Michael Hall grew up to be a total hottie!!?


80s music is still listen to also... I mean Air Supply is a classic for the romantic ones, Queen with Crazy Little Thing Called Love, Diana Ross, Metallica, Bon Jovi, Pink Floyd, Blondie, Jackson, even Elton John was kind of okay lol. Firehouse, already at the end, but its still 1989, and god I love Firehouse lol.



Music, movies, fashion, and scandals, the 80s had it all and somehow they did it better. I mean I dig the whole 70s hippie phase and the 90s weird clothes, and yeah 90210, and rap, ridiculous pants: just look at Will Smith is Fresh Prince of Bel-Air, and all that but somehow... the 80s are still up there for me. The effects look fake but the actor were great even if there were some as ugly as Richard Simmons (I can still see him in that ridiculous outfit and lmao).



And on that note, I have to go... Gonna go see my favorite Christopher Lambert movie Highlander. = )

And if you haven't seen any of these movies you better cower because there's a slap coming your way...(lol) Seriously you don't know what you are missing.......

No comments:

Post a Comment