Wednesday, January 26, 2011

The Trip

So, I promised a recollection of what I did, which I think would be short since truth be told it was rather boring. Best thing in the cruise, as always, is the food, mainly the restaurant which I loved. Sadly, this year we got a cruise at the end of January which means that it was full of old people. My brother made a very mean joke about it, saying that if "Death" sank the boat he would have a whole week vacation. Hilarious!, but mean, lol. The Disco was dead after 12 and you either went to bed or walk around the boat all night. We played dominoes and ordered a lot of room service... Man, I love room service!!!!!!!!
Good point about this cruise: We had already been to all the islands so we could sleep late and only get out of the boat in those we thought worthwhile to do so, mainly to buy cheap.

First stop was St. Thomas: Now, if you have ever been to St. Thomas you would know there is nothing worth seeing. We got out and walk around the duty free shops there. I bought a carton of cigarettes for 6 bucks (don't mean a pack, but 10!). Cashier made a mistake and I felt like a very very lucky person. We went to Hooters... I know, not what people expect others to do in an island, but hey, there's no Hooters here since it closed years ago (don't even remember it!) so we went. Mostly cause my brother insisted and insisted and insisted... Men! Women in tight shirts and hot pants do that to them I guess...

Second Stop was St. Martin: Oh, here we walked a lot. You have to buy the ticket for the water taxi to get to the main island, French side or something or other... That's where all the good shops are. Now, St. Martins is THE best place to buy. It's the cheapest!!! We bought a few things and I fell. It had been a while since I had an accident so I was kind of surprised... damn clumsiness! Anyways... hurt my toe pretty bad, but nothing scratch or broken, so I count myself lucky. Mostly just embarrassing....

Third Stop was Antigua: No way I was getting out of the boat. Hate that place, there's nothing to see but a forte that has nothing interesting about it and a church in ruins they have been renovating for decades. Plus to get to any of those places you have to go up, on foot!!!, through a very 90 degrees kind of steep hill (that reminds me of the images I've seen of the streets in San Francisco, just not as pretty! or pretty at all...) Awful! So, I stayed in the boat, slept till 12, got up, read, ate, etc... No pool for me sadly; I avoid the sun like the plague. I get as red as an apple in an instant...



(Just an example)

Fourth Stop was... oh, yeah St. Lucia: Went to the duty free shops here. Nothing to see really, we just wanted to walk a bit. Still we got up around 11am, no point in hurrying. Had a few local beers, didn't bought sh*t, since everything is so expensive and got back on the boat.


(St. Lucia's Beer)

Fifth Stop was Barbados: Now, the main reason I got off the boat in Barbados is because they have phone and internet booth that you can use by buying a card. It's cheap and let's me get online and call my mum. But surprise, surprise they were not there anymore... So I got off the boat for nothing. My dad was the only one that wanted to go see the shops with me, just to walk a bit so we went through the duty free shops and as I was walking I remember one of them had a section where everything was 10 bucks. I found it and bought 2 clocks, pink and red. Plus I bought a small ring that changes color when the sun hits it for my god-daughter.



(Duty Free Port Shops at Barbados)

Sixth Day was at Sea and pretty much we slept, ate and .... well, my dad and I played ping pong, my brother went to the gym, my step-brother and step-mom went to tan by the pool....

All in all, even though it was the most boring cruise ever, it also, for the first time ever, accomplished its purpose. We talked! The main point is having a family vacation, but every year we find people our age, form a group and party all night. We rarely see dad and my step-mom so it wasn't much of a family vacation. This time we got to talk, and spend time together... basically cause we have nothing else to do, lol. So, I guess it wasn't that bad a cruise...



P.D. I'll add more pics later

No comments:

Post a Comment