Monday, November 14, 2011

Losing you

So, I wrote this poem... Eh, here goes:




I’m counting up the ways that I can forget,

Looking for a way I can escape,

The reality of losing you

After everything was said.


We were always so different

Never saw eye to eye,

Always bumping heads.

But when it came to loving,

We could forget everything else.


And now, look where we are

In a daze of indifference,

Trying to understand the dizziness

In each other’s weights.


You tongue lost its wetness,

My heart forgot to skip,

My body is not calling yours anymore,

When the night gets cold feet.


My lips are cracking,

On the winter hearts,

And my hair has no need

To be pulled to your arms.


And I know this letters,

Have no meaning for you

But I need to express

The downfall of losing you.


Because as the years go by,

I get crazier and crazier

Seeing you standing around

Like a shadow in the sleepless hunger

Of my tearful eyes…


And I remember your kiss,

Like the lost fountain of my youth

So, tell me how the hell I can forget you

When every memory I have

Reminds me of the nights I spent in your arms?


We’re not us anymore…

But who is?

Can we forget that the passion is gone?

Can we pull our hearts again close?

Can we hug in the night and forget what was lost?


And as you walk out the door,

And tears fall down my collarbone,

I rush my head thinking,

Counting up the ways to forget,

Looking for a way I can escape

The reality of losing you

After everything…


After everything was said,

And right before you ended up dead.

No comments:

Post a Comment